Cutter’s Insulation Inc. is now in the “Home Energy Audit” business. We have two former certified home energy ratings auditors (HERS Raters) in our company. If you are not familiar with the term “HERS rater”, click on the links connected to this portion of our website. The term Energy Star may be more familiar to you, a HERS rater is recognized by Energy Star as one of the leading professionals in the area of energy efficiency. Craig Cutter is personally a former rater and has been in the insulation business for nearly 20 years. Since our extensive training becoming a HERS rater, as a company we view energy efficiency in your home, not only from the insulation standpoint but from many different angles. This is where the “Energy Audit” comes in, we offer several other services as well as adding insulation to your home. Listed below are the additional services offered here at Cutter’s Insulation, Inc.
Full Home Energy Audit
- A complete assessment of all areas concerning Energy Usage.
- A blower door test to determine air leakage and air infiltration through the exterior of the home
- A duct blast test to determine the amount of duct leakage in the duct system.
- An investigation of the attic, sidewalls, and floor using the latest infrared camera technology available.
- Written report of what we find, including suggestions for improvements.
- Photos taken with the camera, so you can personally view danger areas.
- Discussions on energy usage and an education from experts on improving the way you use energy
Blower Door and Duct Blast Only
- These are individual tests done that determine the air leakage in the home and duct systems.
- Blower Door Test
- Duct Blast Test
- Written report with the results
- A brief discussion and suggestions on improvements
Infrared Camera Audit
This is a full scan of all the areas in your home to search for the following:
- Determines areas where insulation is missing or installed incorrectly
- Determines water damage in areas that are hidden in walls, ceilings and floors
- Determines possible electrical problem areas (i.e. where a hot wire or bad breaker may be)